Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Pain in base of spine where epidural anestic given not told

Pain in base of spine where epidural anestic given not told I was getting this so they did not know my first and second vertebrae there is not much space because of accidents and also arthritis it was the worst pain I have ever experienced I jumped screamed and cried I am a working 68 year old who has hardly ever had a problem with a high pain threshold.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Are you saying that the injection was given without previous x-rays or an MRI of the spine? And can I ask what specifically is your question about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No X-ray or MRI I just want to know why I have so much pain still after 3 months and getting worse
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Margaret--just one other question first. I assume the injection was because you were having pain in that area--can you tell me whether the pain you're having now is exactly the same in location and just worse or is it different?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it was not for pain of spine it was to remove a polyp from inside my back passage
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That wasn't my answer Margaret and we can continue this for as long as you'd like. If you're having more pain in the area after the injection this far out from the injection then most likely there was some damage done--either to a nerve root or maybe even to the spinal cord. The only way now to see if that's the case would be to get an MRI of your lumbar spine