Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am so scared i had been having bloated pressure on bladder

I am so scared i had been having bloated pressure on bladder and pain in right side.CA125 LEVEL came back slightly elevated 44. I have had an ultrasound this is clear. But reading on internet see it can be elevated for other cancers which has frightened the life out of me. i understand it can be elevated in other conditions of the ovary, pelvic fibraoid not necessary cancerous. But i am worried if its none of these does it mean it will be cancer in the colon stomach or lung. I a 49 still have regular periods with low iron levels. Going to get colon stomach checked next but pertified.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I understand your concern. First off, may I ask if you understand that the CA125 is what's known as a marker for certain cancers but that a slight elevation alone does not indicate cancer? And did your doctor say exactly why he ordered the test?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was because i am having bloating and lower pressure on my bladder but no bladder infection was found , He was doing this as he thought there may be a probelms with my ovarys i think . I understand that is was a ca125 is a tumour marker

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Donna--and how long had you been having the bloating problem? Any change in bowel movements or problems with indigestion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am very gassy burping . I do get acid reflux had a camera down last year as thought i may have an ulcer didnt find an ulcer. I have a small hiatus hernia.The bloating has been going on for a few months always had a bit of ibs but the last few weeks doesnt go down and feels really uncomfortable . I been taking iron tablets as my iron levels have been low but stopped taking them as worried it might be making my stomach worse. Motions darker because of iron.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Donna. We can continue after this but first off that isn't much of an elevation in the CA125--usually cancer raises it to 65 or higher. With the normal ultrasound I think we can rule out all the pelvic organ reasons here but even though you need both upper and lower endoscopy I see no reason to suspect any cancer at this point