Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

, can you help? I am very concerned that I may have

Customer Question

can you help? I am very concerned that I may have contracted HIV through a bacterial infection and maybe my knowledge is wrong.
I had unprotected sex 6 weeks ago and caught a bacterial infection which then cleared up with 5 days of medication. I have had two HIV test which have both been negative, I also know that there is a 3month window and will be tested again over the next few weeks.
My question is: Is is possible to get a bacterial infection without necessarily getting HIV? What types of bacteria are passed etc?
I have been in a real panic and seek some understanding?
thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I fully understand your concern here. Exactly what kind of bacterial infection did you have and what medication was used for it?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just use respond to expert to reply Adam
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was NSU and I was given metronizadole for 5 days, it then cleared up

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Did you have a culture done at that time?