Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am getting pains in back of right leg, buttocks and groin

Hi I am getting pains in back of right leg, buttocks and groin area in mornings when wake up, these are sharp and painful and makes sleeping hard, but in morning have trouble walking due to sharp pains in right hip and back of leg. after stretching for 30mins all is fine until the morning
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to this pain in back of right leg, buttocks and groin area in mornings.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-
What is your age & gender?
Since how long you have this pain?
Is there any known medical illness?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

47yrs old, male, had this a few days, just have high blood pressure controlled tho.

This happened after lifting a heavy box

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
The symptoms you have described pains in back of right leg, buttocks and groin area in mornings is most probably due to nerve root compression.Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of wear and tear or injury or degeneration of the discs.
As you said that this all started after lifting a heavy box,this seems to be the most probable cause.
Have rest for 4 weeks meaning avoid heavy physical work.Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen 400 mg from your counter.It will reduce the inflammation & pain.
Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation& pain.
If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor for tests like EMG,nerve conduction studies,x-rays & then treatment will be prescribed accordingly.
So as of now,I advise you to take the above described medications.It will help you greatly in relieving the pain & to have you a sound sleep.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert