Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

How do I find a doctor that will undertake the correct thyroid

Customer Question

How do I find a doctor that will undertake the correct thyroid & other blood tests to allow me to recover properly & not just dose by THS & by what the NHS says should make me feel better, but doesn't? Is there a way of finding a private doctor that will prescribe NDT?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I would look for a private endocrinologist in NHS.
where do you live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Phil,

I did see a private Endorinologist who also works in the NHS, I saw him as a private patient, but he wouldn't recommend I even try it.

I live in Telford, Shropshire.

As I'm new to Justanswer.Uk, I take it that if I don't click on the 'get extra help' I'm not charged by just responding to you, based on the note above?

would you be willing to see another endo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, but it's getting a referral from same GP, don't think she'd give one on the basis I want an Endo that will prescribe NDT on NHS. they also have to be registered on my health insurance (AXA) for them to cover part of the costs.

I will opt out for a UK expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** be fair, I expected an UK GP to be responding in the first place, given I'm on the UK website, so glad this has not been charged to me.