Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I've had a cramping chest pain now the doctors

Customer Question

Hi I've had a cramping chest pain for years now the doctors have put it down to reflux acids this has been 19 tears now it just comes and goes even when relaxing sometimes it's hard to get my breath and it feels like a heRt attack I just leave it as it may go then return its traveling to my jaw and I'm realy scared I have a little cough that won't go on a smoker and I feel as if the pain is going lower into my abdomen across the lower ribs I've started to feel a bit sickly when this occurs had a chest ex ray years ago mam just died of cancer and I'm concerned i case it lung cancer I was told tonhs back if this keeps reoccurring but I just get on with it I'm frightened please can you give my any feedback I'm thinking lung cancer but I'd be dead by now or just refux started my oprazole again last week thanks gor you're help
Also I've been getting a pain in my left shoulder over the last yeAr
Expert:  Caring doc replied 2 years ago.
Caring doc :

Welcome to justanswer

Caring doc :

Can you tell how this chest pain has been worked up in past ?

Caring doc :

Are you postmenopausal ? The risk of true heart disease is increased after the menopause .

Caring doc :

The different in for chest pain is broad and although less frequent in woman is possible le.

Caring doc :

Often in ladies true chest pain can present a typically and having Gerd like symptoms is also possible.

Caring doc :

It would not be un reasonable to rule out cardiac chest pain. You doing excise stress test.

Caring doc :

If the test is low probability then finding the cause elsewhere would be reasonable like the esophagus. Some people have cramping periodically of the esophagus called the nutcracker esophagus which may mimic Tru chest pain. To diagnose this doing specific testing in a GIVEN center like barrow swallow would be needed.

Caring doc :

Let me know if you require further assistance .thank you.