Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My lower abdomen feels hard just above my pelvic bone and on

My lower abdomen feels hard just above my pelvic bone and on the left up to my belly button no pain but seems to bulge and pulse to the right of my belly button at night when I lay on my back. What could this be
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
How long has this been going on for?
Does swelling comes up when you cough?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A few months . I have not noticed a difference when I cough no I'm not on any medication apart from evra patch

Dear Customer,
Thanks for providing quick additional information.
Well, it could be related with hernia, this will not heal on its own and also it is likely to become larger and cause increased discomfort until it is repaired.
Hernia is usually soft in nature and changes its shape with position or straining.
Hernia occurs, when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle.
Also some people are born with weak muscles and may be more likely to get a hernia.
If it is not repaired can cause bowel obstruction or strangulation. Also most hernias that cause symptoms or are becoming larger should be repaired by a surgeon. Hernia which is not causing pain and the size is not decreasing , may be left alone.
Your doctor will advise surgical repair to relieve discomfort and prevent serious complications.
Surgeon may choose Herniorrhaphy or Hernioplasty surgery for your disease.
The only way to ease hernia pain permanently is through surgery.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i kept thinking I was pregnant but regular period and several home test all negative so that isn't a possible is it . I've been worried in case I was

Dear,
I can understand your concern.
As, you have regular periods, so i would not be worried for pregnancy.
Please don't be worried, I am sure that you are not pregnant.
Other possibility could be a Lipoma or a Cyst. These are quite common at such places.
A Lipoma is a benign (noncancerous) fatty lump that usually causes no symptoms or problems, it is made up from fat cells that clump together.
Good luck and take care.