Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have some strange symptoms, not sure if connected. A burning

I have some strange symptoms, not sure if connected. A burning pan between shoulder blades, numbness in my hands when sleeping, sudden onset of reynauds and also feeling puffy in hands and feet.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--sorry for the delay. Do you have any known medical conditions and have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--tell me about the Reynauds please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has happened twice in the last couple of weeks, all the fingers on my right hand turned white, really cold and no feeling. It wasn't even a particularly cold day. I have seen it on a work colleague so knew what it was. It didn't last particularly long, maybe an hour each time. This was in the same hand that has woken me up several times in the night due to going numb (and I haven't been lying on it). Never had this before. Not sure if it is connected.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--I can only give you my thoughts here but you do need to see a doctor about this. This definitely sounds like an autoimmune disorder like lupus, polymyagia rheumatica, or perhaps an autoimmune neuropathy. Low magnesium, low vitamin D or B12, and sometimes liver and kidney problems might explain some of this too. You need an exam and blood work that would include a CBC, antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, C reactive protein, complete metabolic panel, magnesium level, and vitamin B12 and D levels
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much. Would one of these explain the pain between my shoulder blades too? They have all happened at around the same time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--something like polymyalgia rheumatica would explain the shoulder blade pains. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you