Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

2nd opinion on hemorriods? please

2nd opinion on hemorriods? please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--what's your question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I think I have hemoroid not sure been to my GP he said it was can I send some images please so you can view it's like a small hard pea size lump
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sure thing--let me see the photos Kevin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do i upload via phone?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You can either use the paper clip icon on this page or post them on Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/OF0xeh0uMB4T6Mf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/R29VlfPiVK4OAoG
2nd images
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Looks exactly like an external hemorrhoid Kevin and nothing that serious
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3rd image
https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/ARd0ho8sBMnPwxK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did u see all three images I doc on hear said it looks like an abses or see a surgeon to rule out a tumour??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lump is hard it won't push back in
My GP gave me lidocaine a d hydrocortisone how long will it take to go away
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Saw them all Kevin--not a tumor and certainly not cancer. Doesn't look like a tumor either. But if it's hurting you a surgeon can take care of it. With the cream it may take a week or so to resolve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why did a doc say on heat looks like maybe an abses and need to rule and other things to consider to rule out a tumour
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I looked at what he said Kevin. All I can say is I totally disagree with what he said
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reassurance thanks can't understand why I was told this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, of course we can only go by photos and a direct exam is always better but I agree with your doc that it's a hemorrhoid problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I ask what cream would you recommend to shrink it?
Also are external hemorrhoids hard or can be hard this one won't push back in
I have thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Cortisone cream is best along with a stool softener. It's hard because it's thrombosed--clotted
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When it's thrombosed and clotted
1 - does it need surgery?
2 Or drained will it settle in its own,
3 what' causes it to be thrombosed etc
I haven't had constipation at all just for about three weeks I've been taking linseed to help reduce my cholesterol two spoonfuls on my breakfast as it's high in fibre I have been going the toilet allot more so not sure if this as caused it so I've stopped taking it
Thanks for answering I will leave you a tip you've been excellent
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

1) Only if it bothers you

2) It can just be simply incised and the clot removed

3) It's a vein that gets swollen and with pressure thromboses

The linseed is good and it didn't cause this. So long as you don't strain at your stools, all's well

And this is really something that's bothersome but in no way dangerous Kevin

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So can my general GP in the UK just cut it? Or does it need to be done at the hospital
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Simple office procedure with or without local anesthesia--one quick small cut and push out the clot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went see another GP tonight this GP said it possibly looks like a thrombosed hemeroid but not sure he said if it does not go in a week he said he would send me for investigation what would this involved I'm worried now incase it's anal cancer
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well if it were something like anal cancer--which I assure you Kevin, it isn't--that would take a biopsy--cutting it out and sending it for pathology. The problem is this may not disappear for some time. Really, though--and I've seen a lot of them--that's just a thrombosed hemorrhoid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm really stressing out about it - God knows why my doctor said he didn't know what it was he just said to me it looks like a thrombosed vein but he said not sure, then said if it does not go in a week il refer you to a specialist - I thought all doctors know what an hemmiroid is and what is not surly??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

I really don't know why he's ambivalent about it Kevin. All I can tell you is from my perspective it's nothing but a thrombosed hemorrhoid. If you need to talk more about this with me, you need to open an new page using this link

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't want to open another page can we discuss hear I will leave a good tip
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem. I never asked you--how long have you had this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I first noticed it on Friday last Friday- but not sure how long it's been there for, that's when I first noticed it the lump when I was wiping down there
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And is it or was it at all tender?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's tender when in touch it yes and when I wipe down there the doctor said tonight don't use anymore cream just stop cream and if it's not gone in a week to go back to him
I have an anusol in and hydrocortisone not sure if to still use this or now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

I have no problem with your continuing the cream but follow you doctor's directions for now. Anal cancer isn't tender--it doesn't cause any pain. Here's one photo of a thrombosed external hemorrhoid and you can see how it looks like what you've got. There really isn't anything more I can say here Kevin but let me know how it goes

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=thrombosed+external+hemorrhoid+picture&qpvt=thrombosed+external+hemorrhoid+picture&qpvt=thrombosed+external+hemorrhoid+picture&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=9EE30A9CE1194F36A52CD9738795DD43EB92098E&selectedIndex=1