Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

How long is Vertigo likely to last? Can it return after going

How long is Vertigo likely to last? Can it return after going down to a store basement? My vertigo seemed to get better for 2 weeks and has now returned.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

there are many different causes of vertigo.

Dr. David :

fluid in the inner ear can cause vertigo.

Dr. David :

sinus infection can cause vertigo.

Dr. David :

dehydration and not drinking enough fluid and low blood pressure or low blood glucose levels can cause vertigo.

Dr. David :

if you are having repeated episodes of vertigo, you need to see your GP doctor and get your ears and sinuses evaluated and blood pressure and glucose levels checked and neurological exam and possibly a brain scan as well.

Dr. David :

do you have a GP doctor?

Dr. David :

hello?

Dr. David :

why did you rate poor service?

Dr. David :

hello?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

sinus infection can cause vertigo.

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

do you have a GP doctor?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--we can continue after this if you'd like but considering your age something like this has to be considered an emergency situation. This could either be a threatened stroke or a heart arrhythmia with dire consequences if not evaluated and treated. I suggest you get to an Emergency Room now for a full evaluation
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.