Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

i noticed my vagina was incredibly sore on the left side

Hi i noticed my vagina was incredibly sore on the left side by my clitoris, i checked it and noticed a lump and have little bleeding, its very sore and unusual. I also have been noticing pain for a few weeks when trying to have sex or insert a tampon on my last period so had to return to pads which i didnt want to do as could irritate it. Please help this is worrying!
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
any chance of STD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I only have sex with my partner and we are both clean. I was sexually assaulted last June but was checked and nothing noticed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it keeps coming up saying you want to offer me this service but when I click view now nothing comes up.
is it right inside the lip on one side?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it's on the left hand side, on the inner side it's very red, swollen around the lump and painful, it's not in a crease it's just on the inner lip by my clitoris
okay this is likely an infected cyst or gland. probably a bartholin gland
apply a warm compress. It can help get the infection out
you need to see a doctor ASAP and have it drained
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)