Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Got some industrial hand wash in my eye and now it is very

Got some industrial hand wash in my eye and now it is very pain full and I can't see propley in the eye
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to getting of some industrial hand wash in your eye. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
Yes,you need to go to emergency room (ER) now.
The first step is to flush your eye with clean, lukewarm tap water for at least 20 minutes. Move your eyeball in all directions to make sure that all the parts are rinsed.
In general terms it is recommended that once the eye wash is done you should look at your eye in the mirror.
You need to get it evaluated either by an eye doctor or go into the emergency room:if you see a lot of redness, if you can't actually open your eye, if you have a lot of pain, or if your vision is still blurry.
As you said that you eye is very painful & you are unable to see properly,you need to immediately rush to ER(emergency room).
Although you went to hospital & they said that its just an eye infection & gave you chloramphenicol cream,I advise that this is not enough & you need to be evaluated & examined by an eye doctor or at the ER.
Pain killers & oral/local antibiotics & cycloplegic medicine that dilates your pupil and relaxes your eye muscles to help decrease pain will be prescribed accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert