DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

its mary here.51 years old.very overweight 19 stone.wascdiagnosed

Hi its mary here.51 years old.very overweight 19 stone.wascdiagnosed with hiatus hernia few years ago.suffered so much
Lost loafs weight ate properly and felt great til now as i put piles weight on again.i eat loads of chocolate etc.now i feel rotten have this uncomfortable feeling in stomach and heartburn and acid reflux.i know my lifestyle the fault.please help me to make this feel better quickly as its so uncomfortable.taking nexium every day but not making a difference now.thank you
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
There is no way to take care of reflux quickly if nexium is not working.
Have you had a scope?
How long have you been on nexium?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Been on nexium with few years on and off,40mg.yes I had scope long time ago was told to oose weight eat healthy.exercise.I lost 4 stone and felt wonderful then slowly I put back 5 stone and back to square one.eating rubbish and hernia giving trouble again

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I assume you have had a scope
What findings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hiatus hernia like I said

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
Weight loss is the first order or business here.
There is no fast way to fix this.
You can maximized medications and changing to pentaprozole might be effective.
This often is a faster PPI medication.
Elevate the head of the bed 6 yo 8 inches on wood blocks.
Eat small meals, whole food, cooked, chew well.
If you will tell me your current diet, meal to meal, I will critique it.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.I eat very little during day porridge in morning but in the evenings I eat my dinner usually chips and. Fish or scrambled egg beans toast oor pizza.but I eat a lot of chocolate and rubbish really

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
That is terrible, and you will not lose weight.
Nutrient dense food is what causes health and weight loss.
You need an anti inflammatory, nutrient dense diet.
everything you are eating causes inflammation, which promotes obesity.
The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt
The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.