Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My daughter first raised concerns eight years ago about her

Customer Question

My daughter first raised concerns eight years ago about her sons cognitive development. He is now aged eleven and after years of going around in circles we are hopefully near to a diagnosis. ( after lengthy research of our own PDA looks pretty likely) I have no faith in our local nhs mental health service it is underfunded and wondered if we were to go for a private diagnosis could we reclaim the expenses incurred?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As you are based in the US I do not think you would be able to help us and am therefore not prepared to pay for extra help at this stage.

ok I can opt out for a UK expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to wait as long as this remains a free answer within my first week trial but that date has expired. Please confirm if there will be a charge or not

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. Unfortunately as your trial has expired and you have not received the answer you need, you will not be able to view an answer given unless you pay for it.
Please let me know how you wish to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, however I can not afford another payment, we will no doubt continue to go around in circles within the nhs and can only hope that we eventually reach a diagnosis.