Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i have had sickness and very bad diarrhea few days stomach

i have had sickness and very bad diarrhea for a few days stomach cramps and back ache poo was watery and very smelly.symtoms have subsided and i feel better but i have passed a otion today and there was a lot of red blood in toilet it is a sat so cannot contact a doctor till monday will thi be ok
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

The primary determinant of whether it would be OK to wait until Monday is whether there is any evidence of severe blood loss. It is difficult to truly determine the amount of blood loss from what was seen in the toilet, so the concern would be if there were symptoms suggesting significant blood loss, such as lightheadedness, a feeling that you may faint, a rapid heart rate, or significant decrease in urination. As long as you are not having any of these symptoms, it would be OK to wait until Monday. However, if you have or develop these symptoms, it would be better to be seen urgently, such as at a hospital.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.