Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

my partner was diagnosed with severe liver hepatitis and

Hi my partner was diagnosed with severe liver hepatitis and muscle wasted a few months ago. He was not drinking at the time. He has now been put in an isolation ward on a hospital. He has severe ascitosis has had daily blood and urine samples,diahorrea a scan of stomach .liver and kidneys,phsio an endoscopy and a guided endoscical liver biopsy . fluid 1 litre to Start with then 5 the next time. A drip with everything they can think oof .He is told his liver count is slightly down but his kidneys are not. He seems weaker than before and can barely talk on the phone. Is he going to get better? He also has mood swings?.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It's very hard to answer that particular question but it sounds as though he has both liver and kidney failure and in that case he may well not get better and he may not even leave the hospital alive. It's possible, with maximal medical treatment, that his liver and kidneys will begin to function properly again but I have to be honest with you here and tell you that he's very, very ill and I don't want you to hold out a great deal of hope for his recovery. Of course, his doctors would be the most appropriate people to discuss this with