Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

my partner was diagnosed with severe liver hepatitis and

Hi my partner was diagnosed with severe liver hepatitis and muscle wasted a few months ago. He was not drinking at the time. He has now been put in an isolation ward on a hospital. He has severe ascitosis has had daily blood and urine samples,diahorrea a scan of stomach .liver and kidneys,phsio an endoscopy and a guided endoscical liver biopsy . fluid 1 litre to Start with then 5 the next time. A drip with everything they can think oof .He is told his liver count is slightly down but his kidneys are not. He seems weaker than before and can barely talk on the phone. Is he going to get better? He also has mood swings?.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

The development of ascites with liver failure indicates that the liver failure is severe and leads to a poor prognosis, I am sorry.

Dr. K. :

When patients develop ascites, they usually become candidates for liver transplant. Only 1/3 live 5 years.

Dr. K. :

Its not a good prognosis and I am sorry for your friend.

Customer:

I h