Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

last 6 days I've had a dull pain in my right hand side

Customer Question

For the last 6 days I've had a dull pain in my right hand side and barely been able to move my bowels for the normal amount. I was unable to pass gas until yesterday and have felt much better since but I suffer from nausea for the next 1-2 hours after I move my bowels. I can't rule out pregnancy, I have been suffering from tender breasts as well. I don't generally feel the pain in my right side unless I have a bowel movement, I eat or sometimes I get up and I will have a sharp pain and have to stop for a minute, it's a pain I've had before but always put it down to ovulation.
When I sleep I wake up and I feel good as new, as the day passes I feel better. I keep wondering if I could have appendicitis but there is no rebound pain and no particular pain when I move. I'm beyond confused. What could it be?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you suffer from excess formation of gas in abdomen?
Do you have severe abdomen cramps?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I barely have any gas on a normal basis so I wasn't to worried about the lack of gas until I realised it hadn't gone for a few days.
No severe abdominal cramps.
No medical conditions or on any medication.
I do suffer from anxiety but have not mentioned it to my GP as I have always been quite a nervous person but as of late have been really panicky and either feel like I have to vomit or use the toilet.
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, it could occur with a condition- Colitis or inflammation of intestines.
Appendix pain is usually acute. It starts with aching pain that begins around your belly button and often shifts to your lower right abdomen.
Also such pain can becomes sharper over several hours. It is associated with tenderness that occurs when one apply pressure to your lower right abdomen.
In your case, it doesn't sound to be related with Appendicitis.
You need to make some dietary changes along with medications.
Avoid chocolate, fatty foods, coffee, and alcoholic beverages.
Avoid beans, cabbage, and carbonated beverages. If you are overweight,loose some weight. You should avoid smoking( if you do).
You should always drink up to eight glasses of water a day.
You should remain away from stress and anxiety. Start practicing Yoga and meditation. Deep breathing exercises and relaxation techniques will be helpful.
Also you should eat meals at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.
Take Syp. Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals. Take Zantac 150mg twice a day. You should chew your food thoroughly.
A healthy diet is very necessary to be free from such symptoms.
You should get your diet planned from dietitian.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't smoke, drink or am over weight. I weigh 54kg and am 5'7" For conditions such as the ones your mentioned, what triggers them and is 6 days a normal period for the symptoms to go on for?
My pain also moved, it was below my ribcage and then moved down and then moved closer to my belly button.
Dear,
I can understand your concern.
Well, Collitis could get trigger by virus, bacteria, or parasite which invade the small and/or large intestine.
Usually such symptoms are self resolving in nature, it may take 1-2 weeks, to be free from symptoms.
Menstrual flow might occur every 21 to 35 days and last two to seven days.
If your period, last for more than 7 days, then it should be further evaluated by doctor.
Please follow measures, as suggested and consult your doctor and get it managed.
Good luck and take care.
Dear,
Let me know if you have further follow up questions.
Kind Regards
Dr Robert.