Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have redness, a slight swelling and a burning pain on the

I have redness, a slight swelling and a burning pain on the ball of my foot nearest to the side of my left foot.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Do you have history of injury to foot?
Any previous history of such pain on ball of your foot?
Are you overweight?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No history of foot pain but I am slightly overweight.
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
The redness, a slight swelling and a burning pain on the ball of your foot you are having can be due to an injury unknowingly to you.
Another possibilities that can cause such pain are:Metatarsalgia (pain and inflammation in the ball of the foot),certain foot abnormalities, arthritis, ill-fitting shoes, wearing high heels too often, or any abnormal pressure to the ball of the foot.
Being over weight can cause extra pressure & cause Metatarsalgia.
You have done the right thing by taking tab.Ibuprofen to get relief from pain & burning sensation till you get an appoint from your doctor.
X-ray of the affected/painful area of foot will be done to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Blood tests may be required to rule out causes like arthritis.
So I advise you to wait to get the appointment.If still you do not get appointment,then you can go to ER.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert