Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My son who is in Dahab in Egypt is now 4 week post operation

My son who is in Dahab in Egypt is now 4 week post operation to a fractured neck of the Femur. His Insurance is saying that he is fit to fly. My son has Oedema to his right ankle and foot. he is concerned about flying at present. Who can advise him on this would he be able to consult with his UK GP send him photos and reports etc.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. At this point first the oedema needs to be checked out; It could indicate a deep venous thrombosis in the leg vein and if that's the case he'd need blood thinners to prevent a possibly life-threatening pulmonary embolus. After that he should be fit to fly but by all means he can contact his UK GP and discuss this with him