Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

When my 12 year old son urinates a small lump appears on his

When my 12 year old son urinates a small lump appears on his penis then goes down again when he's finished . Can you tell me what it is please .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--where exactly is the lump located and how large is it exactly? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its located towards the front of the penis . Only small and it's been going on for 7-10 days

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You mean on the shaft or on the head? Is this circular?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't know exactly its at the end under the hood . It seems to raise up and then lower again after urination

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Nothing very serious. This sounds like a small dilation of one of the penis veins. The pressure caused by his urination makes it appear. It really doesn't need treatment and isn't dangerous but he should at least have a doctor take a look.