Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dr chip mark here anxiety mark. I'm doing ok my doc says

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip mark here anxiety mark.
I'm doing ok my doc says I'm far less anxious about health. Still running weight 13 stone. All good.
My question is now my liver is all back to perfect you have seen the bloods and scans.
From being fatty.
If I stay at this weight and excersise and eat good can I live a normal life expectancy.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Cheerio mate. The wonderful thing about the liver is that it has great regenrative powers and can fully recover from any assaults on it like hapatitis, or, in your case, fatty liver disorder. As long as you behave yourself and keep doing what you've been doing yes you should live a normal life span. That is of course unless you step under a ladder, have a black cat cross your path, break a mirror, or forget to toss spilt salt

over your left shoulder. That last one comes from the Da Vinci Last Supper painting where Judas Iscariot has knocked over the salt shaker or whatever it was back then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good.
Does the fact that. It looks so good mean it is back to normal ,you have seen the images. Yourself.
And coupled with the alt 20 ct scan normal liver and ast 21 gamma gt 9 esr 2 Mean it's back to normal ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Totally back to normal in every way. You have another 50,000 mile warranty or 30 years, whichever comes first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My doc said that he said. You were 16 stone 4 at 6 ft 3. So you were not obese or even that fat !!
So he thinks I had a genetic prevalence to fat on the liver.
He also said my heart was always amazing 90 over 60 50 pulse. Perfect ecg. And that was genetic to.
The fact that I now excersise 3 k a day and cut out fats and sugars means I check the genetics back do you agree ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Genetics are just predispositions like with diabetes and heart disease but yes that isn't the only deteminant of how things go. And of course there are good genes and bad genes. Look at the people that live into their 90's and smoke and drink every day. Then there's the perfectly healthy guy that drops over dead at age 38 from a heart attack. Maybe I shouldn't be talking that way since it might trigger your health anxiety gremlin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No that's fine.
I'm the fittest 50 year old. Around London im doing ;5 k in 22 mins !!! Lol
The best help for my anxiety is you my friend.
My prob is I have a high iq 158 but act like I have a low one over health !!!!
I'm told its common in people who are bright. ?
The blood work. And the ct scan and the ultrasound tell me the liver must be back to normal. My fear is why it changed in the first place. ??
As I wasn't that unfit. And my diet was ok.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Got you beat by ten IQ points mate. The one thing I can say about scoring 168 on an IQ test is that I scored 168 on an IQ test. Yes, you and I are hightly analytical and that can foul up thinking sometimes. As for the change in the liver??--impossible to say for sure. But let's end with a puzzle to should you the problem with being too bright and too analytical---

A man and his son are in a car on a mountain road. This is a real man and a real boy

--father and son

The man loses control of the car and it plunges over the cliff

The EMS arrive and the man is DOA at the scene but the boy is critical

They transport the boy to the nearest hospital. The surgeon on call rushes in, sees the patient, and says, "I can't operate on this boy he's my son."

So explain this to me, and, by the way, a six year old would get it immediately

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well. He has a step father. Who is now deceased.
But on the liver. If it's all good back to normal , the guide I suppose is that now I know I'm susceptible I can avoid it. ?
Hence the meaning in your story. My friend ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Can't get you mind off your liver hard as I try. As to that--just drink in moderation, stick to the diet, and that should be all you need.

The point of the story is people like you and I have a really hard time keeping things simple--as would a child.

The surgeon is a woman and the boy's mother, but when you saw the word surgeon you had a vision of a man. It was that picture that blocked you from seeing the obvious explanation.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are a very clever man.
Did you notice how I over thought the thing and made my solution complex.
Your way ahead of me my friend in life in vision and in advice.
I'm guessing lots of people have fatty liver but never know ???
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes they do. What's fun is to take a group of friends and tell them stories like that--and I have many of them--and let them one by one ask only yes or no questions. The light bulb will go on in time, but people like you or me can be the very last ones to see the light. I've learned, when I here a new one of these, to make my mind blank and throw out any possible false assumptions and keep it very simple. So that's why I urge you again and again not to do your own Google research on health matters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't.
I simply sit And think I should google that. No il ask Dr chip.
And guess what' , if people did that more often they may improve there anxiety issue.
I am improving you must see that as I now only ask you every now and again not every day.
I listen when you say ct ultrasound blood work tells the doc if it's a serious issue or not. And slowly with your help my friend I'm improving.
With all the evidence. Bloods weight scans etc do you think il make 70. ?
Weird question but I'm guessing you docs see things in the results.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What was that last line again Mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm guessing you docs see health / life expectancy in blood results /patterns !/ and test results. ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Like a crystal ball eh, or maybe the Oracle of Delphi, or the soothsayer's telling Caesar to beware the Ides of March. Well with abnormalities we can do that to a certain extent but it's anything but an exact science. I'd be willing, though, to bet all my winnings at Vegas that you'll make it to 70--more like 80+. One last anecdote for you tonight--from Mark Twain--

He had an old friend he hadn't seen in years and he was told she was on her deathbed

He said, "I'll have her up and around in two weeks."

So he went to see her and said, "All you have to do is stop drinking,"

"I don't drink" was her reply

"Then stop smoking"

"I don't smoke"

"Then stop cursing."

"I don't curse"

He threw up his hands and said,

"There was no hope for her. She'd neglected her habits. A few bad habits would have saved her but she was a sinking ship with no ballast to throw overboard."

Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Love it !! Lol.
Til next time my friend. Blood test in April il post you and await your comments on them. !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'll be here mate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi old. Friend.
Got one of my old anxiety symptoms back the tension headache.
Exact as I usually get it.
Before I start worrying. Can you talk ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Sure Mark but would you be so kind as to rate this page and then tell me all about it on a new one using this link

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've paid. And sent it but I can't find the question ? Help lol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Got your new page Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--try posting it to me on the UK site then