Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Lower middle to right side moving Abdominal pain, Vommitinng,

Lower middle to right side moving Abdominal pain, Vommitinng, shakes hot then cold drowsiness and dizziness and severe pain! HELP!!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this pain been bothering you?
Have you checked your temperature during the shaking, hot and cold spells?
If so, what was the temperature?
Are you having any pain or burning with urination?
Have you noticed any blood in the urine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The severe pain started yesterday evening I was in pain before and have had similar pain but not as bad before but no one could figure out what it was, but this pain started last night no stinging or burning when I urinate and no blood in my urine although I have noticed a few spots of blood recently but nothing major and my temperature normally is about 35*C and in my cold spells it's gone down to 32*C and hot spells it's about 39*C
Thank you for the additional information.

With a temperature up to 39°, this would be vastly most likely an infectious process. The most common infection to cause lower abdominal pain of short duration would be a viral infection of the gut. A viral infection can have pain of varying intensity, sometimes of quite severe.

However, there are some other infections that would be more worrisome. A urine infection certainly could cause lower abdominal pain, but would also usually cause pain or burning with urination. It is also possible that there could be a more serious infection of the gut, such as appendicitis, or an infection of the female genital tract. Usually, there are other symptoms present, but there should still be consideration of these possibilities when there is severe abdominal pain.

Therefore, the usual advice when someone has severe abdominal pain and a fever of 39° is that they should be seen. If the pain is more moderate with the use of paracetamol, it would be OK to manage it as a viral infection. But if the pain is severe despite the paracetamol, it would be better to be seen.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.