Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have suffered from dry skin on my forehead time

I have suffered from dry skin on my forehead for some time now. I have used various creams recommended by my pharmacist but to no avail . More recently some of the areas affected have developed into red patchy blobs which are a bit unsightly ! I am wondering if there is anything you might recommend that help my condition?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the red patchy areas, either a close-up or a high resolution image that will allow zooming in?
I had asked for a picture and have not heard back, although I realize that you may be away from the computer and have not yet received that post.

However, I am about the leave the computer until later today and wanted to provide some information before leaving the computer.

It is possible that the redness is solely due to the dryness, as it local irritation can occur. The product that I would usually recommend when the products that you have tried have been ineffective would be a lactic acid product, such as Amlactin.

If the redness is due to a separate inflammation, then it may help to use a mild steroid cream, such as hydrocortisone.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.