Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My heart rate at resting has gone from 60 _ 80 following regular

Customer Question

My heart rate at resting has gone from 60 _ 80 following regular exercise smtarted last june- with fizzy arm and leg pulses. It was not there before and my exercise lmyv ok before started, my heart beat in bed at night please :P
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Do you mean that your heart rate at rest has gone upto 80 beats per minute?
Do you have any symptoms/discomfort now?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No but it started last year's I can feel heart beat in bed

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
A normal heart rate for a healthy adult, while resting, can range from 60 to 100 beats per minute.Average pulse rate is 72 beats per minute.
Heart rate below 60 and above 100 beats per minute is of concern.
As you said that your resting heart beat has gone upto 80 beats per minute,this is within normal limit.It is not of concern.
The only concern is that you said that you can feel heart beat in bed.This condition is called as palpitations.It is a change in the rhythm of your heartbeat.When the heart beats too fast,it's called tachycardia.Most arrhythmias are harmless but some are not.
Caffeine is one of the most common cause of heart palpitations.Some people simply are more sensitive to caffeine, which heightens the body's reaction and triggers momentary heart palpitations.
You need following tests to rule out any heart disease
-Electrocardiogram(EKG)
-Stress EKG,
-Holter monitoring,
Holter monitoring is required.It is a machine that continuously records the heart's rhythms. The monitor is usually worn for 24 - 48 hours during normal activity.
Although there does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous here,so I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment(if required) will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert