Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

my wife, about 2 weeks ago.semmed to lose control of he bladder,

my wife, about 2 weeks ago.semmed to lose control of he bladder, and could not get to the toilet before wetting herself. She took a sample to the doctors, and it appears it was all clear. Since then she is having to get up in the middle of the night, to go to the toilet. Thsi morning she got up as normal, and shortly after I foúnd her collapsed in a chair, making gagging noises,and bringing up a small amount of
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It appears that you were cut off by the system.
Could you complete the question?
Did she have any passing out or loss of consciousness?
Is she having any shortness of breath?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She may have passed out for a small amount of time, this morning, as she did not remember being a little sick,after about 5 minutes.No apparent shortness of breath.

Thank you for the additional information.

If she passed out, even for a small amount of time, it would be better for her to be seen.

There are several conditions that may be present, but the most worrisome would be some heart dysfunction. Heart dysfunction can cause a person to need to urinate more often during the night. A weakened heart also may not be able to adequately pump blood, so that she may pass out. It also can cause nausea and cough because of congestion related to the heart dysfunction.

Until she can be seen, it would be good to be sure that she is getting sufficient fluid intake to assure good hydration. Fluid intake can be good and bad, as there needs to be good hydration in anyone that has passed out, but too much fluid can make congestive symptoms worse, but until she can be seen, it is more important to assure hydration.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks. i will arrange to see a Doctor,

You are very welcome.