Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

there isn't a lady doctor at my surgery and don't want either

Customer Question

there isn't a lady doctor at my surgery and don't want either of the male doctors to look at my bottom... for a long time when I go to the toilet I have had to push 'bubbly type' things back up inside and it also feels as if the tube of my back passage comes down a little. For a couple of months now my stools are pencil thin and have to strain to go to the toilet.. My family is prone to bowel cancer, my grandmother and her sister died of it, my mothers sister had it, her two sons have had cancer of the bowel one died the other has had it twice
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I don't mean to scare you but this is absolutely an urgent issue
You need a full colonoscopy right away
I think you have to do whatever it takes or let whomever needs to look at your bottom.
The symptoms plus your family history dictate this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think I need more information that is enough to frighten me into seeing one of the male doctors.. I have done the smear tests for bowel screening and they have come back with ''no blood found in specimen''

could just be rectal prolapse but you need this checked
the stool can be a false negative