Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

, i seen my practice nurse today due to having brown discharge,

Hi, i seen my practice nurse today due to having brown discharge, she took some swabs and examined me and advised that she could see a cervical erosion, my pap test was done 4 months ago and was normal. I also have a 9 month old baby (3 babies in total) my nurse assured me that it was "definitely" just an erosion and i will have it cauterised which is a quick procedure. My questions are is this all they will do? would they do another smear? or is the normal result i had 4 months ago enough?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but most likely the erosion was from an infection that was also causing the discharge. The swabs should determine exactly what the infection is and with proper antibiotic treatement there really shouldn't be a problem here. The cauterization is all that's also needed and that's a very simple procedure