Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

there am really desperate answer here I've had muscle

Customer Question

Hi there am really desperate for an answer here I've had muscle spasms in my back four times in the past year to the point when I can't get up to urinate my gp won't refer me for an MRI scan cause of radiation am scared even when I lose weight it will come back again,on march 1st 2015 I had held the toilet in for 12 hours that it was dark brown can u advise me thankyou xx
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
I would advise that you get the MRI done. There is no radiation exposure in an MRI, as it is a magnetic field and a very safe test. And I am sure your GP is aware of the fact that MRI does not give any radiation and is the best modality for diagnosing spine related conditions. The symptoms you mention definitely warrant an MRI and I think getting one done will be the best course of action.
Hope this helps.
Let me know if there are any further queries regarding this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.