Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I stuck a courgette up my anus and it has dissapeared

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Dr. D. Love :

Hello from JustAnswer.

Are you having any pain or discomfort?

Customer:

No

Dr. D. Love :

Good.

Since there is no pain or discomfort, it is fine to wait and give it time to pass with the next bowel movement. Foreign bodies that are able to be readily inserted into the anus will also typically be able to be passed through the anus with the next bowel movement.

Objects that are irregularly shaped may pose a greater difficulty, but a courgette should not pose that problem.

It is possible that any foreign object may not pass spontaneously, and if it does not pass, then it would be necessary to see your doctor to get this done, but you will most likely be fine and it will pass spontaneously with the next bowel movement.

Customer:

Thank you for yor advise, I hope that this is the case

Dr. D. Love :

You are very welcome.

Do you have any further questions?

Customer:

Should I take anything to help the process

Dr. D. Love :

No. It will usually pass with the next bowel movement and there is no need to try to induce a bowel movement. In fact, trying to induce a bowel movement with a laxative may result in an attempt at a bowel movement before a sufficient amount of stool has accumulated. Instead, if you wait until you feel the need to have a bowel movement, then there will be more accumulated stool to help push out the foreign body.

Customer:

OK Thanks again

Dr. D. Love :

You are welcome.