Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

! I fell from the attic on a wooden box about a year

Hello!
I fell from the attic on a wooden box about a year and half ago. I had a massive bruise that spread out from my left bum cheek to my leg. Ir healed quite quickly, but i was left with a big lump (about 12cm lenght x 5cm height) under my skin. It's soft and doesn't hurt, but it's uncomfortable and you can see it through clothes - not pretty at all.
NHS doctor told me it's a "fat fracture" and it's considered a cosmetic procedure, so they can't do anything about it.
I don't mind paying for it but not really sure where to go. Could some localised sport massages help? Localised Lipo? Do I need to get it removed through surgery?
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

A massage will not help with that. However, if you don't want an incision there, it can be taken out via liposuction.

Dr Uzair :

And yes, the procedure can be done under local anesthesia as an office procedure at a Plastic or Cosmetic Surgeon's practice.

Dr Uzair :

Please reply to interact.

Customer:

hello Dr Uzair

Dr Uzair :

Hi there.

Customer:

That's great news. Thanks for your help.

Dr Uzair :

It was a pleasure.

Customer:

Are you in the UK? could you suggest some practices?

Dr Uzair :

No, I am not in the UK. I am in another continent altogether. :)

Dr Uzair :

Sorry about that.

Dr Uzair :

This is not something that requires a lot of expertise on behalf of the plastic surgeon.

Customer:

No worries, just struggling to find a place.
You say it could also be removed surgically?

Dr Uzair :

So, you can pretty much go to any plastic surgeon who is "well to do" in your area.

Customer:

But if you use lipo to remove the fat, won't i be getting a break or hole in that spot? since it was removed?

Dr Uzair :

Well, if it is soft and fatty, it can be removed easily with liposuction, however, if there is some fibrosis in there which will apparent on physical examination of the lump by the surgeon, a small incision can be made and it can be taken out surgically.

Customer:

and a plastic surgeon can check that as well, i suppose

Dr Uzair :

No holes with liposuction, just a 0.2 to 0.3 cm puncture which is used to introduce the canula in order to suck the fat out, this puncture heals without leaving a visible scar.

Dr Uzair :

Yes, plastic surgeons are a very intelligent and well trained breed of Surgeons.

Customer:

Ok, great to get a second opinion. I'll get checking on prices now. I have never been up that attic again!
Thanks for your help, i'll be rating you high.

Dr Uzair :

They are required to train in General Surgery before they become plastic surgeons, so yes, a plastic surgeon can most definitely check anything that a General Surgeon can and quite meticulously as well, if I might add.

Customer:

Have a nice day!

Dr Uzair :

Be well and best of luck!

Dr Uzair :