DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Doctor, I would like to run something by you that has

Customer Question

Hi Doctor,
I would like to run something by you that has been bothering me for some time now.
For the last 6 weeks or so ive been experiencing some problems with my neck and throat etc.
I will list the symptoms as that is probably easiest.
Pain just below my adams apple that seems to radiate to the roof of my mouth back of my neck and forehead.
The feeling that the is a big band round my neck making it difficult to breath at times.
Feels short of breath for no reason at times.
Really stiff neck and muscle aches down my neck.
I did see my GP and o2 levels were good and she thought it was a virus that was about three weeks ago and its still going on .
The main concern is the pain i keep getting in my neck.
Any help would be appreciated.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Of course we can not give you a diagnosis.
In fact acid reflux that is untreated can cause these symptoms.
So can a cervical spine problem, with the discs in the spine
Can you discuss this with your doctor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Ive been taking medication for acid reflux for a while but this seems to have flared up since.

Also i see a chiropractor once a month and have had MRI scans when i first saw him so hopefully that would have ruled anything like that out.

I feels like there is something in my neck that is causing this tight pain up and down my neck and back and that also causes me to feel like breathing is difficult at times, its weird.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You would need to look at the MRI report.
Often disc problems are not mentioned by doctors, for some reason.
Often acid reflux treatment fails.
PH testing of the esophagus can resolve that question.
If there is an issue, you need a scope down to the stomach, but this would typically be done with the PH testing.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.