Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.
What was your hemoglobin ?
hemoglobin or Hb levels ?
red blood cells where normal but my iron was ten times the maximum it could be
I cant wait another 7 weeks without doing anything to try help this
Donating blood is a good option to help remove the excess iron in the body.
If you do not have heart failure and liver damage then yes you can wait.
wait to see the specialist
I cant go through my day without having to sleep, Im so fatigued and cant get through my day
shell fish and tea
i have cut both of those out
all these help increase the iron contents
I have done alot of research and taken all the changes on board
Yes you should donate blood because high levels or iron with such symptoms
mean blood is getting too thick
I just feel no change yet an these changes have been going for about 6 weeks so far
ok, my gp said my ferratin levels where very high
This means that they will advise you
gradual blood removal
with chelation therapy
I wanted to start making myself feel better as i cant wait 7 weeks,
my gp said he would rather i wait for my specialist app
Then best option is to start donating blood.
but i physically feel so low and down right now
as it sounds the best thing to do
i will start doing that
It is true that 7 weeks will not hurt much, but it is recommended to remove blood
if such symptoms of fatigue appear
because they indicate thick blood
which fails to move though capillaries.
yeh my body temperature has gone down i feel cold alot more where i never used to
good to know...
it is down because blood
does not flow properly into the small capillaries.
which makes them cold.
You have questions ?
sounds correct to me
is there anything else i can do
or just start giving blood asap
no fresh citrus juices
as they are rich in vitamin C
and donate blood
ok sounds a plan
vitamin C helps to absorb iron from gut.
is my blood benificial to others
Yes it is....
my gp is concerned that by me giving blood that they will not get a correct reading on me
i persoanlly feel that i need to try take action now
yes it is true, so no donation 2 weeks before test
he is concerned they will get a different reading
this will help to remove the error
which can happen with recent donation
so donate what i can in 5 weeks
do i just go to a blood bank for this?
Let me know if you have questions.
Do rate my answer as positive if no further queries.
ok thank you for your help today
You are welcome.
Have a nice day.
i will do now, one quick question before i go, is there an amount to try donate per time?
yes there is
it is one to two pints
once a week
thats alot but needs to be done
you can use above link anytime for direct questions.
Do rate as positive to credit the answer, you are welcome.