Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been suffering with undiagnosed anaemia since August

Customer Question

I have been suffering with undiagnosed anaemia since August 2014. I've undergone an endoscopy, colonoscopy and rectal investigation in November which all came back clear.I had a CT scan two weeks ago and have not got the results back yet. I've been suffering with aching thighs for much of the time and now addedf to this is cold legs, ankles and feet and today my legs have started to itch around my ankles.
I find it almost impossible to get an appointment with my GP. I have one booked for the 10th April. I will be ringing the surgery for the results on Friday, when I'm told the test results may be back but normally it takes 3-4 weeks. I'm due to go on holiday on Wednesday for a week and I'm getting really worried about flying particularly as my mother had a fatal stroke at 70. I am 65 in July. Can you help me please
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Are there any other conditions apart from anemia that you have been diagnosed with?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--let me go ahead and give you an answer and let me know if you need more information. I see no reason for you to be concerned about flying and certain not about having a stroke here. Hopefully you will be able to contact your doctor soon but I'm sure he'll tell you the same thing