Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I asked a question about my partner who is an alcoholic hospitalised.back

Customer Question

I asked a question about my partner who is an alcoholic hospitalised.back background given before.He keeps saying he is coming home. This week I found out he was told to move around more.He will only move when the physio walks him round and does flights of stairs as there are three to the flat.Otherwise he rings the buzzer for the slightest thing.I was told he was due out this week. He wanted a taxi fair in case I don't come.I don't drive but would of course help him.Then he asked me to ask the residents if a wheel chair could be left on the second landing so he could have a rest. It isn't part of the individual flats I'm not sure how it works but its separate. Then I found him lying He is meant to eat a little food not just their liquid vitamin drinks.Last week he'd try a quarter sandwich. Today he asked me to throw it away so he his it. He said he felt sick and yet when OBS where done he was asked any sickness and he said no. He wants to come out and thinks I'm keeping him in. He says I pester the staff and they hate me. I've phoned three times. Today one commented how sharp he was with me and I decided to say I was worried about his mental confusion and what he was doing . I was asked to wait and see someone more more senior to say exactly what I'd said. He told me their were still medical concerns and said that was why he was still yellow.He thinks he's white. And that was was why the fluid returns when they drain it. But he thinks it will stay less. After the last time yesterday when they took a large amount. He went down ten ponds in weight.I thought his stomach still looked huge.Why won't he practice sitting up or helping himself and try to eat . His other addiction is food. He drinks through a straw and I know he's capable of holding a drink? What is going on? It is affecting my health.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has come out of hospital today .He is still not eating solid food. I spoke to a nurse who knows him well. He was lying about eating a quarter sandwich and through the OBS he was asked if he'll felt sick.He did but said no. I WAS ASKED TO TELL SOMEONE HIGHER which I did.They told me the defined assitssis will always return and of the legs thy would keep him until they were physically stable. I asked if he final stage liver failure.They told me that was not ascertained for certain but their were enough concerns medically to keep him in.

?Why have they let him out he is hardly able to walk and not eating solid food. ?

Solid food yet and is still.

Jaundiced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have added extra information. And wold still like help. The extra info was in the reply box but it is not showing. I would like an answer please to the first and second part either together or separately .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like you to continue with the added information I have left you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. Also thank you for adding additional information. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?