Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I am 64 and getting 65 on 25 Jan 2016. Generally, I have

Customer Question

I am 64 and getting 65 on 25 Jan 2016.
Generally, I have no huge problem with my health that I know, except the following concerns:
1. Allergy epipephikitis (conjunctivitis) in my eyes especially during spring but also because the sun in summer or due to wind. For this I take almost every day a peal of Zyrtec! Is this a potential problem in long tern?
2. Also I am coughing very frequently since years especially if I breathe cold air or if I drink something cold or sometimes without any apparent reason. The perfect solution I find is the medicine “Lungenbalsam 10mg that I take frequently at least twice per day! Is this medicine dangerous If I take it in long term?
3. Weight loss: I am 1.78 and weight 106 kg that I took last two years and is constant, before I was 94 to 96Kg How can get back the most quick and optimum way? I can eat everything, and my heart is ok
4. My pressure has also been erased to 95/145-150 same time I took kilos
5. What do you suggest as the perfect complete check-up to composed with?
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 2 years ago.
Dr S.A.Alam :

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Yes these medicine used for longer have several side effects which include allergic symptoms aggravation although these are meant to stop allergy.

Dr S.A.Alam :

This is caused by raised allergic cells in the blood which have been suppressed over long time till the time they reach a max limit and become over whelmed

Dr S.A.Alam :

Also these medicine used for long cause infections as they block the immunity

Dr S.A.Alam :

Best way to reduce weight is exercise 5 times a week for 30 miutes each

Dr S.A.Alam :

If you reach your target BMI then you blood pressure will fall to normal

Dr S.A.Alam :

You need to get you r blood glucose checked

Dr S.A.Alam :

Also blood lipid levels

Dr S.A.Alam :

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer:

Thank you for responce!

Customer:

Are you referring to both medicins mentioned? And if that applies? what someone can do to compansate between allergy control and future side effects? what do you propose?

Customer:

Also in may age 64 I almost make sex every day or any other day without viagra or anything else ! is there any potential significant risk due to frequency?

Customer:

Also: what is the measures or examination we need to undergone my self or and my girlfriend to be sure there is no potential danger for mouth cancer from those ....how you call human ...HDTV or something like that, I am not sure how is the name!

Dr S.A.Alam :

Yes i am referring to both medicine, to avoid the side effects we do not use them longer than 4 weeks in a row and then off for at least 4-8 weeks.

Dr S.A.Alam :

I do not think there is a risk with sex every day in your age. It is like a exercise with helps to improve your heart function and stamina. I have seen people at this age with 4 wives and 3-4 times sex per day doing really good. So no risk unless you have symptoms like chest pain or shortness of breath more than usual.

Dr S.A.Alam :

To check cancer or screen cancer we first have to take history of family

Dr S.A.Alam :

as every cancer has different genes and it runs in families in most cases

Dr S.A.Alam :

so based on this we can decide which test to do

Dr S.A.Alam :

if there is no family history then we mostly do baseline tests as blood CP, serum calcium levels, ESR and CRP levels.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Chest X rays and ultrasound scan of abdomen

Dr S.A.Alam :

I hope this answers your questions.

Customer:

I was referring to the HPV potential risk and how we can excluded this danger from the sex. Is any examination we can do Both? of the partners?

Dr S.A.Alam :

Thank you for your reply,

Dr S.A.Alam :

Yes a smear test is simple non invasive test to make sure with around 85% accuracy that you do not have HPV risk

Dr S.A.Alam :

I hope this helps.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer:

"smear" test? ...is that official name of the test to ask for? It has to be done for both partners? give me some elements don let me hang around I am only specialist with aircraft!

Dr S.A.Alam :

It is done only for females a

Dr S.A.Alam :

and sample is taken from cervix

Dr S.A.Alam :

with help of smear

Dr S.A.Alam :

called PAP smear

Dr S.A.Alam :

I will be happy to address any question or queries you have

Customer:

Sorry I was pressing for more details but I am expecting from your environment the added value! other than just going to internet and collecting massive information that does not make me doctor anyway! Thank you again!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning!

What is your assess on the attacment exams for my self? ...64 years old