Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have just noticed bright red blood in my semen. None in my

I have just noticed bright red blood in my semen. None in my urine and no pain. I am 68
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi We can continue after this if you'd like but this may not be anything too serious. That said, you do need to get it checked out. It can be an indication of a prostate gland infection but it also might signal either testicular or prostate cancer. Most of the time no real cause is found but you need a testicular and prostate exam and an ultrasound of your scrotum
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have any other questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This has happened once or twice before then cleared up. What should I do?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well as I said most often this doesn't indicate anything serious but you should at least let your doctor know about it and have him check your prostate and testicles