Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

- I have been taking Cipralex (10 mg) 15 months. For

Hello - I have been taking Cipralex (10 mg) for around 15 months.
For the last 9 months or so I have had a very itchy anus. My stools have been very loose up until recently where now they are slightly better but I still have an itchy anus. Naturally I keep myself clean. I have recently applied grape seed oil with a small dilution of lavender oil which helps for a little while but soon comes back. Is this a known side effect of the meds?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Do you clean more than the average person?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I do not clean more than the average person.
Im not sure if this helps or is related but I have quite smoking over 2 years ago but have been using e-cigs since then. I have also quit alcohol for the last 28 days which may be why my stools are better than before. My diet is quite good mostly, fresh veg and home cooked foods but not much fruit.

My wife and I have looked at the area and see no protrusions or anything abnormal externally. It feels like normal skin but is just very itchy. There is no blood in my stools or any bleeding around the area although sometimes it can become sore if I scratch too much.

This is likely a fungal infecton
you can get clotrimazole OTC 1%. that should help
see your doctor if it doesn't clear up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will give that a try.

So I can rule out anything more serious?

Most likely but you should see your doctor if it persists
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)