Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago and have

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago and have been managing it quite successfully via diet until last mid December when I became extremely busy, then went on holiday to Morocco where I both drank lots of clean but over-mineralised water and a small amount of contaminated water which made me feel very unwell.
I took medicine from a pharmacy and seemed to be recovering. On return to UK I had my blood checked for organisms and nothing was found except high ketones. I felt dehydrated and drank too much high calorie juices, then went back to hospital with ketone acidosis. The following week I was admitted to another hospital with high ketones, but no acidosis after almost passing out whilst driving.
My ketones are now within reasonable limits, my blood sugar though is often around 25 mmol/l compared with 4 - 10 mmol/l a few months ago. I also have extreme weakness, cramps in my feet, swollen ankles, lack of saliva, high thirst levels, pain in heels, poor concentration, sleepiness. Could all this be down to increased diabetes or do you think something else is wrong with me? I do suspect that hospital treatments have weakened my pancreas further.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I think this is just progressive, untreated diabetes
you need to be on insulin
It will save your pancreas long term
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)