Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

So my friend said that she had got an ultrasound and found

Customer Question

So my friend said that she had got an ultrasound and found out she had a cyst. She also said that she got a letter a while latter from the doctors that said she had been nine weeks pregnant? I find this hard to believe as she as the contraceptive thing in her arm and I didn't think you could find out you were pregnant through the scan that was done?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

it sounds like she had a contraceptive implant in her arm.

Dr. David :

if she has had it for more than 3 years, the hormones could have worn off

Dr. David :

yes, an ultrasound of her abdomen and pelvis can see a developing baby in her uterus if she is pregnant.

Dr. David :

this can be confirmed with blood or urine testing to check for the pregnancy hormone bHCG

Dr. David :

hello?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

hello?