Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I suffered a skull fracture in late 2006. I was the victim

Customer Question

I suffered a skull fracture in late 2006. I was the victim of an assault at the time and my friends who came to my aid were exposed to my blood. I never thought much of it at the time and I have no reason to think I have a blood borne infection but I was wondering if I would have been tested for HIV or Hepatitis etc by the medical staff who treated me over the course of the next few days. This was a long time ago and I am given to worrying about things. An answer would help put my mind at rest regarding my friends and my health.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Where exactly were you treated?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--then most likely you were tested for hepatitis and HIV and, of course, had you been positive for either you would have been told. And had you been positive your friends would have been contacted with your permission.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your time Doctor. I do remember blood being taken but I was too ill to be involved enough to ask. Thank you again.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you