DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My neurologist has recommended clonazepam 500 micrograms for

Customer Question

My neurologist has recommended clonazepam 500 micrograms for an arm tremor in my right arm starting one at night and working up.to eight tablets a day over a period of time is this an effective treatment
Thanks I have been taking them and still have the tremor he says it's not Parkinson's or diagnosis but I am very worried I know it will take time as I am taking one in the morning and two at night
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
what is your question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should the clonazepam work in time my neurologist feels as I have only taken 3 they will take,a while to get into my system I have been under extreme pressure,as my husband has myeloma I have had tinnitus for about 14 month as well so.I think its a bit of overload I have had breast surgery 20 years,ago and had lymph glands removed so he thinks that could reason too do you think it will settle apologies so many questions I.need to be well.for.my husband

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
As you increase to the full dose, this should work.
You should hold the dosage at the effective level and talk with your doctor before you increase it again.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should clonazepam be taken few hours before bedtime to.date I have taken about 30 and thought they should have worked by now the arm.tremor is worst resting in bed doctor thomas

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It can be taken up to 3 times a day.
I would talk to the doctor now about it not working yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks dr Thomas but he insists eight a day are needed to see if they work or not the dose is 500 micrograms there must be something.that will work I.mean.people.don't.run about.with tremors.so.uncomfortable.nowadays

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If the medication fails there are other medications.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are these tremors pretty common in patients or are they s sign of undue stress in my case

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
They are somewhat common.
They can be from stress, if no other cause is found.
They can be genetic or familial.
Magnesium is often relatively deficient and it might help if you supplement.