Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Are Omaprazol & the health supplement Serrapeptase compatible?

Are Omaprazol & the health supplement Serrapeptase compatible? I take the Omaprazol for heartburn on prescription, but would like to combine the Serrapeptase with Krill oil for my artheritus.
Barbara
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to arthritis. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
Yes,you can take Omeprazole & the health supplement Serrapeptase together. There is no drug interaction between these two drugs. They can be safely taken together.
Serrapeptase helps the body break down protein. This might help decrease inflammation and mucous.
Omeprazole belongs to group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
There is no drug interaction between these two.
You are already taking Krill oil + potassium for arthritis and you can now add Serrapeptase safetly as recommended.
So the answer is yes,these are compatible to be taken together.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert