Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

. my question is regarding blood tests. if my doctor tests

Customer Question

hello. my question is regarding blood tests. if my doctor tests my blood for liver function, kidney function or hormone levels...will they simultainously see how my olanzapine levels are up or down?[ if olanzapine is the medicine i am taking daily].
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like. In general testing the blood level of olanzapine from time to time is standard to see if the patient is a therapeutic levels of the medication. So yes, if the level needs to be checked it would happen simultaneously with the tests for liver and kidney function and hormone levels

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, i meant if the blood was being tested for the aforementioned reasons and not for levels of olanzapine. i am aware that olanzapine levels are tested exclusively once a year.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, unless it was time to check the olanzapine levels then it could be done at the same time but otherwise the doctor wouldn't order that with the other tests. I hope that answers your question but if not can you clarify it a bit more for me please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im sorry, i just dont get what your saying friend. ive got to go out now and i dont have time to continue this dialogue...will i still be charged, considering that i feel unsatisfied with your answer?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No charge unless you rate my answer but--sorry--I don't quite understand what your question is so please can you ask it in a different way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im sorry mate i really have to go out now my sister is getting bugging me big time. im sure i can do the research myself and find an proper answers, sorr got to dash

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Let me try with this--if you were asking if the other tests would somehow indicate the levels of the olanzepine, no they wouldn't