Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

after another sleepless night through back pain don't know

Hi after another sleepless night through back pain don't know if I can request more response from Gp ? Been in nasty upper back and shoulder pain on left side with very painfully referred pain down left armBeen prescribed 300mg gabapentin. Co-coda mol. Ibuprofen . Gp Refused any more diazepam as addictive. Have now slept for only short periods propped up in chair for 14days as unable to lie flat, have scheduled an x ray for 2days time and physio to commence, should I have requested an MRI or am I expecting too much .
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes an MRI is essential as far as I am concerned.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should have an MRI of upper back to see if this is a problem with the discs or bones of your thoracic spine that is causing the problem.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Also, considering that you are having referred pain down your shoulder, MRI of your neck spine may also be required.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer: I am thank you, ***** ***** think the gabapentin should be increased as they do help I think
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes should be increased if it has helped you some.

Customer: Ok will request tomorrow thanks
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smiley faces below.
Kindest regards