Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Iwant to ask can risperdal have negative side effects

Customer Question

Hello Iwant to ask can risperdal have negative side effects if it is not taken alongside an antidepressant.....also is it unadvised to drink alcohol while on this medication? I am 19 years old and feel that I no longer need this medication should I expect mental health improvements after coming off this. Another question I want to ask is is it possible to grow at 19 years of age and how can I truly find out if my growth plates are fused? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

risperdal can help make antidepressants such as lexapro or zoloft to be more effective for you

Dr. David :

did you have a history of bad depression or excessive anxiety before?

Dr. David :

why were you taking the lexapro before?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

why were you taking the lexapro before?