Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

, I am male 58 years old. I have haemachromatosis which is

Customer Question

Hi, I am male 58 years old. I have haemachromatosis which is under control and the level has been constantly dropping, it is now about 300. I take 15mg Lansaprozole daily for stomach acid. Since Thursday I have developed slight tingling in both hands. I had a migraine type headache for a few days which seems to have eased now. I am under stress and I constant worry about my health so when something out of the ordinary appears such as this I become even more anxious. I also developed tinnitus about three months ago which has also improved. I started taking CO Enyzeme Q10 about 6 weeks ago which I stopped yesterday. Could you give me some advice ?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Do you have a history of migraine headaches before this?
Were you having any other symptoms associated with the tinnitus, such as ear pain or decreased hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I used to suffer from migraine years ago but not recently. With the tinnitus I had ear wax which was cleared. The tinnitus has improved over the last three weeks or so. It is still there occasionally but not troublesome as before

Thank you for the additional information.

In someone with a previous history of migraine headaches, the occurrence of a recent migraine headache is usually not worrisome. Even though the migraine pattern has approved, it is not unusual to have an occasional migraine headache. It is also common to have neurologic symptoms associated with a migraine headache, so having tingling in the hands is also not worrisome.

The coenzyme Q10 is also not reported to cause side effects of migraines or tingling in the hands, so there is no reason to be concerned that these symptoms were due to the coenzyme Q10.

The tinnitus is a separate issue. The most common cause of tinnitus is from a partial or total loss of hearing. Ear wax at a level to impair hearing certainly could do so. As long as the tinnitus continues to improve, there is no need for further evaluation. However, if the tinnitus worsens again, there should be further evaluation of hearing.

So, at this point, the symptoms that you describe do not sound worrisome and no further evaluation is necessary unless there is worsening of symptoms.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.