Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

doctor I was diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago after

Hello doctor I was diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago after I asked for a ct scan and it come out all clear they found my galdblodder wall thickened and with extra blood supply could not tell if has stones or polyps so I was adviced to have it removed can you help me a little more and explain
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Before I answer, I would like to know that;
1. Do you have symptoms related to gall bladder like pain below rib cage on right side etc?
2. What is your age and gender?
3. Have they given you any reason that why they want to remove it?
4. Any specific question that you want to ask about your problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for getting back to me so soon no no pain any where only I've lost around 9kg since August last year also I've cut out all carbs sugar salt since I was told about my diabetes I am 48 years old I smoke roll ups tobacco but I also cycle around 20 km per day well not at all times but now I decided to quit smoaking as a matter of fact from 15 to 20 a day down to six Max 7 and lots of exercise. My biggest worry is that it could be cancer of the galdblodder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Giuseppe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. First of all I would like to reassure you that thickening of gall bladder wall is a common finding in ultrasonography. The causes include; acute and chronic infections of the gall bladder, infection without stones, porcelain gall bladder, xanthogranulamatous gallbladder, adenomyomatosis, gall bladder carcinoma and lastly it can be due to involvement of gall bladder by other diseases. Since you don't have any other finding on ultrasound so we can rule out other diseases. What i want to emphasize is this that there are many causes other than cancer which can cause gall bladder thickening. The removal is advised because cancer can keep growing silently in the gall bladder and is discovered when it has spread significantly. So just to avoid that misdiagnosis we advise its removal. Otherwise the chances of having cancer in diffusely thick gall bladder like yours is only 1 to 2 %. So to conclude I would say that yes please get it removed because its removal is not going to bother you later on and there is nothing to worry about cancer. The chances are very remote and negligible. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so so much doctor and I really hope you are right as you have been very specific in your explanation unlike my surgen or my gp family doctor. I hope you don't mind if I keep you updated with my progress and thank you once again a million times over best regards
Giuseppe
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. I thank you for your appreciation. Yes sure I will be here to assist you always. My best wishes and prayers will always follow you. Regards