Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have scheuermann's disease - thoracic kyphosis, lumbar lordosis,

I have scheuermann's disease - thoracic kyphosis, lumbar lordosis, lumbar pain and thoracic mechanical back pain.
I had an MRI and it says "widespread endplate irregularity at multiple endplate infraction associated with thoracic kyphosis but no neural compression"
What does that mean?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.
Endplates are the top and bottom ends of the vertebral bodies that join with the vertebral discs. Vertebral discs are the cushions of tissue that lie between the vertebra.
What this means is that the endplates, ie, the surfaces of the vertebra that are in connection with the discs, have become irregular at multiple points, and this is due to your kyphosis.
But there is no neural compression means that the nerves are not compressed.
What it finally means is that you are having problems with the bones of the vertebra and there is no problem with the nerves. So your pain is from the bones and not the nerves.
You need to discuss with your doctor about this. Vertebral fixation in which the vertebrae are fixed together to prevent movement may be a solution for you. Discuss this with your doctor.
Take care - wish you good health and a quick recovery.
If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is
always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for explaining.