Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My daughters poo has patches of red. I have taken a photo.

Customer Question

My daughters poo has patches of red. I have taken a photo. Gp says she has a small cut on her an us but when I wipe her there is no blood. She had a major open surgery after her appendix raptures and took 8 weeks to recover. I'm so worried because the docs won't listen to me and the last time they dismissed me my daughter ended up on life support after the appendix raptured
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. The photo would help if you can post it on this page.

How long has this been going on and did the doctor actually see this cut?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cut was old and itches

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a sample of the poo

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Portia. Has it been determined for certain that that's blood?

And again how long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has been happening on and off for 2 months and she has pooed blood twice in 2 days. Today and yesterday.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No samples were taken by the hospital. We have been sent home and case closed

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--any problems with her bowel movements themselves--any diarrhea or abdominal cramping for example?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing. No straining. No temperature. Normal behaviour. Eating well, drinking well but occasional complaints of tummy ache. She has high pain tolerance little pain when appendix raptured

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Portia and we can continue after this if you'd like. I'm going to assume the doctor say an anal fissure--a tear in the anus. That can cause pain or discomfort with a bowel movement. But those tears usually heal in time. What your daughter needs is to see a pediatric gastroenterologist for a colonocopy to make sure she doesn't have inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis or polyps that can also cause bleeding. This needs to be discussed with her pedicatrician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your feed back. The doc did say it was analysis fissure. I will request for her poo sample I took today to be analysed. My mind is a little at rest until the lab results come back. That is all the info I needed. I'll write a positive feedback.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thank you but please let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help doctor.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Dr chip. I'm hoping to have the poo sample results this week but have an update. She's still having blood in her poo and I have checked her anus and no cuts. She now has a rash which looks like prickly heat and some red spots. She feels well and complains of tummy ache now and then.

I'll keep you posted.hoping to get some bloods done this week too. Speak then

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Keep in touch Portia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I rang the GP for the test results end of last week and they said they couldn't give them to me over the phone. They have booked a gp telephone consultation for today so I'll update you then

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'll be here